S4Encrypt Limited (“Safe4”,”We”, “Us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on the website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) updated in 2018 to incorporate the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, S4Encrypt Limited of 8High Street, Heathfield, East Sussex TN21 8LS, United Kingdom acts as Data Processor.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on s4encrypt.uk or any other application that you use in the context of using the S4Encrypt service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information from time to time for example when you report a problem with our site or you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our developers, associates and suppliers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our required site capacity and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers provided by a leading hosting service with suitable accreditation. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password and/or 2-Factor Authentication setting which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password or other identifying details with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data (but we will not permit any third parties to use your data), to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or text message) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a not yet a customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or notify us using the contact form on our website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if S4Encrypt or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact form on our website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.