Covid-19 PCR and Antibody Tests: S4Encrypt in Conjunction with Screen4
Screen4 are the world’s leading provider of drug and alcohol testing services to the aviation sector, operating in over 40 countries and more than 140 locations. They were one of the first testing service providers in the UK other than the National Health Service to offer the Roche© Covid-19 antibody test. S4Encrypt have contracted with Screen4 to provide on-site testing services for organisations who wish to be able to deploy their staff resources effectively during the Covid-19 pandemic. Evidence of the results of the antibody test will be captured in a secure vault and can be displayed on an employee’s smartphone in the form of a digital wallet. This web page describes how the process will operate.
The service also covers the PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test for the Covid-19 antigen, or the virus itself. PCR tests can be carried out independently of antibody tests, or at the same time.
Roche’s© SARS-CoV2 antibody test, which has a specificity greater than 99.8% and 100% sensitivity (14 Days post-PCR confirmation), can help assess patients’ immune response to the virus. As more is understood about immunity to SARS-CoV-2, the test may help to assess who has built up immunity to the virus.
Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 is an immunoassay for the in-vitro qualitative detection of antibodies (including IgG) to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in human serum and plasma. The assay uses a recombinant protein representing the nucleopsid (N) antigen for the determination of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. The test is intended as an aid in the determination of the immune reaction to SARS-CoV-2, and will determine the presence of the IgA, IgG and IgM antibodies.
The PCR antigen test is based on a nasal and throat swab, and is PHE (Public Health England) evaluated and shows a minimum sensitivity greater than 99% and a specificity of greater than 99% when the virus is on the swab with no cross-reactivity with other viruses. This is when the test is performed correctly. We recommend that a clinician should perform the test, although it can be self-administered if needed.
This page should be read in conjunction with the S4Encrypt Terms and Conditions for Business, and the Covid-19 Testing Service Level Agreement, which will provide additional information on how this service will be delivered.
S4Encrypt offer a comprehensive service that includes:
- Establishing the locations where testing will be carried out on behalf of each employer who wishes to procure the tests for their employees
- Assisting with the assembly of a list of employees who will be tested
- Arranging for a qualified phlebotomist to attend the site, equipped with the requisite number of test kits
- Performing a nasal and throat swab and / or a full blood draw from each of the listed employees
- Facilitating the despatch of the swab and blood samples to the laboratory for testing
- Making the test results available to both the employer and the employee
The process to be followed will involve a series of steps:
- A list of employees who are to be tested will be created by the employer in the Safe4 system – this will be transferred to Screen4
- The employees listed for testing on a given day will be sent an email requesting them to click a link and carry out identity verification on their smartphones
- The identity verification is provided by Hooyu, one of the industry’s leading identity verification specialists. The Hooyu IDV process has been integrated with the Safe4 vault on other projects where security and data integrity are of fundamental importance
- The smartphone identity functions will be branded for S4Encrypt
- The employee will be requested to verify their identity by using their smartphone to take a selfie and a photograph of their identity document – passport or driving licence. Facial recognition technology will be used to verify that the photographs match
- The identity information, including the employee’s photograph and identity document, will be transferred to each employee’s secure personal Safe4 vault
- The employee will be able to gain access to this information subsequently using either their smartphone or a computer
- The verification of identity will be done prior to the day when each employee is scheduled to be tested
- The employee will attend the workplace or other designated testing location
- A blood sample or swab will be taken by the clinician and placed into a vial for transfer to the testing laboratory
- The sample will be identified by means of a barcode that will represent a unique identifier for that sample
- The unique reference represented by the barcode will be recorded in the employee’s vault
- The employee will be notified that the unique ID for the test is now available in the vault
- This will irrefutably link the swab or blood sample to that particular employee
- The sample will be sent to the laboratory for testing
- Upon completion of the test, the results will be fed back to S4Encrypt by Screen4, and the employee’s vault will be updated with the test result
- The vault will send a notification to the employee’s phone to confirm that the result is available
- This will be displayed by means of a digital wallet on the phone, showing the photograph of the employee taken during the initial identity verification and a QR code
- For subsequent identification of the employee when entering a workplace or a residential property, the QR code can be scanned using another smartphone – this will display the employee’s identity and test result directly from the Safe4 system, thus allowing the employee to be independently identified visually
- The scan of the QR code will have a short life, to ensure that the employee’s identity information can only be accessed in an authorised way